- Composite cement is blended cement with two or more blending materials. These materials possess different chemical and physical properties. When combined, these produce a material with significantly different chemical and physical properties for the individual component
- Composite cement is used to obtain a stronger, lighter, and less expensive material, as compared to traditional materials
- Composite cement can be manufactured by using various materials such as high quality clinker, fly ash, granulated slag, and gypsum. Composite cement typically consists of clinker, which accounts for 35% to 65% of composite cement. Fly ash consists of 15% to 35% share of the composite material composition, granulated slag contributes 20% to 50% share of the composite material composition, while gypsum accounts for 3% to 5% of the composition.
- Composite cement is utilized in commercial and residential sectors. The commercial sector is a leading end-user industry of composite cement, followed by the residential sector. Rise in global population and increase in urbanization are boosting the demand for new residential and commercial buildings. Commercial buildings include malls, hospitals, and shops. The residential segment includes homes, flats, and others.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive Report Brochure here
Key drivers of composite cement market
- The global composite cement market is driven by rapid urbanization and industrialization and a rise in the demand for cement across the globe
- Composite cement offers better opportunity to conserve natural resources. For instance, replacing higher percentage of limestone with clinker.
- Clinker has low carbon footprint and does not compromise its concrete properties.
Rising construction activities and increasing emphasis on reducing co2 emissions likely to offer attractive opportunities
- Composite cement plays a vital role in reducing CO2 emissions from the cement manufacturing plant. Rising awareness regarding environment sustainability and increasing preference of recycled construction material such as fly ash, slag, due to its low cost, are expected to provide lucrative opportunity to market players
- Additionally, rising construction activities across developing countries in Asia Pacific, such as China, India, Vietnam, and Indonesia, is expected to provide lucrative opportunity to the manufacturers of composite cement in the near future.
Improper formulation may cause brittleness in composite cement, which may hamper market
- Constraints of availability of raw materials and infrastructure & logistics issues are hindering the global composite cement market
- Improper formulation of clinker, fly ash, and slag leads to low durability and strength of product, which may restrain the market during the forecast period.
Asia Pacific projected to hold leading share of the global composite cement market
- Based on region, the global composite cement market can be divided into North America, Asia Pacific, Europe, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. The market in Asia Pacific is expected to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period due to rapid urbanization and industrialization in the region.
- The market in developing countries, such as China and India, is estimated to expand at a significant pace in the near future, owing to expansion of the building & construction industry in these countries. India, the second-largest producer of cement in the world, is witnessing significant consumer demand for composite cement.
- Asia Pacific, majorly dominated by China, is projected to account for a major share of the global composite cement market during the forecast period
- The composite cement market in North America is expected to expand at a moderate pace during the forecast period, as the reconstruction of old buildings is rising in the region.
- The market in Europe is likely to expand significantly in the next few years, due to increase in restorations of buildings
- The composite cement market in Middle East & Africa is anticipated to expand at a rapid pace from 2019 to 2027, due to the increase in demand for composite cement in the building & construction industry in the region. The market in Latin America is anticipated to expand at a sluggish pace during the forecast period.
Key players operating in the composite cement market
Production capacity expansion and new product launch are key strategies adopted by composite cement manufacturers. For instance, Ambuja Cements Limited, a leading cement company based in India, in 2017 developed composite cement with a combination of cement, fly ash and slag, which possess high compressive strength and long-term durability.
Major players operating in the global composite cement market are
- Aditya Birla Ultratech
- CNBM International Corporation
- CEMEX S.A.B. de C.V.
- ACC Cement Limited
- HeidelbergCement AG
- Taiheiyo Cement Corporation
- Titan Cement Group
- Anhui Conch Cement
- JSW Cement Limited
- My Home Industries
This post was originally published on Space Market Research